Wednesday 6 May 2020

The Runaround Bag from Noodlehead


Meet the Runaround Bag from Noodlehead! This is the pattern which went into the Bigger Box of Fabulous for April. For the outer I used the Multi Birds from the Flock range by Dashwood Studio, the lining and binding is unknown as it's from my stash! 




I haven't made any bags for a little while and I really enjoyed making this one. Because the bag has bias binding around the handle I decided to make my own. I have had a bias tape maker for ever, and never really got the hang of using it, I was always too many fingers and thumbs! But recently I came across a video tutorial of using hair straighteners rather than an iron, luckily I have a pair, and I found this method was so much easier for me!




The bag is quite roomy and has a zipped pocket and slip pocket inside, I chose to put both in mine. It closes with a magnetic snap and sits nicely on the shoulder. Because the handle is not too long it could also be used as a grocery bag.

Happy Sewing!




1 comment: