Friday 29 May 2020

Feathers Mini Quilt

As I had a bit of spare time on my hands this week I thought I would make a mini quilt! I've made a few over time which are hanging already but I have a large expanse of wall in my living room which is just crying to be covered with pretty makes. I've ordered some mini pegs so I can hang them easily using Command hanging strips so as not to mark the walls.

If you've been following my Blog you will have seen that most of my makes have been made from fabrics I sell in my shop Sew Fabulous Fabrics so I have lots of scraps which were just waiting to be made into a new project.

After doing a bit of blog hopping I came across this free tutorial for a Feathers Mini Quilt on the Down Grapevine Lane blog. I decided not to put a border around mine as I wanted it to be a quick finish with minimal quilting which I did by hand. I also decided to place the feathers at different angles for a bit of interest, and I love how the hand quilting makes the feathers 'pop' off the background.





Hopefully it won't be too long before I can show some pictures of my new inspiration wall!

Happy sewing!




No comments:

Post a Comment