Tuesday 10 March 2020

Quilt as you go cushion

There comes a time in a child's life when they don't really want anything which is handmade, which I think is quite sad. But luckily or unfortunately, depending on which side you are on, my nieces still occasionally get a present from me which I have made! As I have all these wonderfully bright fabrics in my shop I thought my eldest niece, who is now 13, wouldn't mind a cushion made by her Aunty! Her Mum said 'think tropical' so this is what I found amongst my stock. It needed to have pink and yellow, which I have and I thought the aqua Bumbleberries would be good in the mix too. I know Peacocks are not very tropical but the colours were there, artistic licence?!



I used 2.5" strips to make this quilt as you go cushion cover, using inspiration from the cushion made by Melissa on her blog Polkadot Chair. I love this method, it is really quick as you stitch n' flip and quilt each piece as you go. I chose to stitch straight lines through each piece as Melissa did with her cushion, but I used a dark thread so the stitching was obvious.



My niece won't receive this until I see her at Easter, I hope she likes it!

1 comment:

  1. I think the colours give it a cool Boho vibe. Hopefully, she will love it and appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete