Wednesday 4 March 2020

Review of Decovil 1 Light

I love a handmade bag! I've been making bags for myself, family and friends over the past 3-4 years and have also sold them on Etsy. Since I started Sew Fabulous Fabrics there hasn't been much bag making going on! With this month's fabrics for the Fabulous sewing boxes I was totally inspired by the Foxnest Haze from the Earthen range by Art Gallery Fabrics and thought it was time to make myself a new bag!





This is the Luisa Crossbody Bag from Sotak Patterns. I've made this pattern before and it's presently the bag I use every day. The lining is also from the Earthen range, Allium Specks Rose.




I interfaced all the pieces first with a medium weight fusible then ironed Decovil 1 Light on the reverse of all the exterior bag pieces.

My review of Decovil 1 Light:

Decovil 1 Light is made by Vlieseline and is an iron-on interfacing with a leather like feel. I have used many different interfacings and interlinings in my bag making and wanted to try something new which I could possibly keep in stock in the shop. I looked at various different products and watched videos and this came out as the one I needed to try! I followed the instructions of using a damp cloth and pressing each area for about 6 seconds, it adhered to the fabric straight away. Brilliant! If you want a structured bag rather than a floppy bag then the Decovil will be ideal, also I would definitely use it to make purses such as the Necessary Clutch Wallet. So it's decided, it will be available in the shop very soon!





 I love an inside pocket!

1 comment:

  1. The bag looks great! I will definitely have to give the Decovil a try.

    ReplyDelete