Wednesday 11 December 2019

Welcome to the Fabulous Sewing! Blog

I have loved sewing since I was 11 years old when I was given a sewing machine by my Great Aunt Grace, and she and my Granny introduced me to their fabric stashes! The colours and designs of the fabrics really inspired me, and in those days they bought in bulk from textile mills in the UK.
My sewing history started with making clothes for my Sindy doll, then to making clothes for myself. I've made patchwork quilts, handbags and purses and plenty of sewn gifts for the people in my life.
I now have my own online business Sew Fabulous Fabrics, offering Subscription Boxes to the sewing community and beautiful cotton fabrics which work really well for making garments, home dec, quilting and crafts.

I bought my second machine, a Singer Modern Quilter, a few years ago when I was making quilts, but it has also been used for my bag and purse business, and with the correct needle it will sew almost any fabrics, apart from very weighty ones! What I love about this machine is that it comes with a huge extension table, automatic needle threader and a variety of different feet.


Through my blog I will be sharing finished makes from the patterns which come in my Bigger Box of Fabulous Subscription Box. The first make will be the 241 Tote from Noodlehead, coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment