Saturday 21 December 2019

Review of 241 Tote Bag by Noodlehead

I have just finished the 241 Tote Bag from Noodlehead, and here it is! I've used the fabrics which were in last month's subscription boxes, from Art Gallery Fabrics, beautiful soft cottons in lovely vibrant colours. 

 AGF - Meadow Bold

 AGF - Femme Metale

  AGF - Oval Elements


 241 Tote Pattern

The pattern pack includes all the paper pieces for you to cut out, the cutting layout, list of materials needed and the sewing instructions. It's suitable for advanced beginner/intermediate, which I would agree with.

These are the exterior pieces cut out so I could get a rough idea of how they would go together, I love the colours! 

There are two options to make, one with exterior pockets which is the one I opted for, and the other also has zippered exterior slash pockets. These are the exterior pockets, although they look a bit like slippers!😄

I used the Oval Elements for the lining along with the Femme Metale for the slip pocket. The lining is made using the same pattern pieces as the exterior.

 The finished exterior of the bag with the side pockets.

I used Scanfil Polyester Thread to sew the bag and for the top stitching. I have always been a fan of Gutermann threads, but these are now my favourite! Normally I would use a different thread for topstitching to make it a bit more obvious but the Scanfil was excellent for both, and it has a slight sheen which gives a lovely finish. Buy it here on my website!

And the finished bag! 

And being modelled by my friend Hazel!

This is a quick make and showcases your favourite fabrics beautifully! You can purchase the pattern now on my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment